Program Coordinator - Community Transport - Lakes Entrance
1.0 x Full Time FTE
Fixed term to 30 June 2024, ongoing dependent on funding after Jun-24
$75K p.a. dependent upon skills and experience. Position is based in Lakes Entrance, East Gippsland and surrounds.
Generous Salary Packaging - Not for Profit
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and allied health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We strive towards improving the health and wellbeing of our rural communities and believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
Flying Doctor Community Transport are excited to be growing our presence in regional and rural communities across the state. To help combat transport access inequality, RFDS are partnering with regional Victorian Primary Health Networks to identify and support communities where a lack of safe and reliable transport options leave vulnerable community members at a disadvantage when attempting to access their health, medical and wellbeing appointments.
The Program Coordinator - Community Transport is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations related to the Flying Doctor Community Transport program in [insert location/ shire/ region etc]. This program plays an integral part in supporting RFDS Victoria’s vision to bring health care services to those who are otherwise unable to access them.
Join the RFDS Community Transport team [https://youtu.be/LX-tHWZpCjc]
As a Program Coordinator with Flying Doctor Community Transport in [location], your role will include extensive community engagement and capacity building, service promotion, volunteer management, recruitment and training, vehicle maintenance, booking and scheduling transport as well as client, carer and stakeholder liaison.
This fast-paced role takes a detailed, hands on approach to the running of the program and liaising with program partners (e.g. health service partners) staff and management. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, induction, training, management and rostering of all volunteer drivers and training of the appropriate program support officers and health service staff on the use of a custom-built online booking system.
As a new service within the community, the successful applicant will take a client, volunteer and community focus into their everyday activities. Strong community and stakeholder engagement and management skills will be essential, and a proven record of developing and nurturing relationships to deliver a world class client and stakeholder experience will be highly regarded.
Position Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage all service scheduling and client bookings through the
- Effectively communicate the community transport service to the community
with a view to growing and continually improving the service.
- Actively promote and build awareness of the service in the community with
the intention to recruit more volunteer drivers and engage new clients for the
- Components of this role include business development, working towards
supporting expansion via service scope, increasing geographical distribution
and exploring learning opportunities.
- Facilitate the recruitment and management of all volunteer drivers of the
service including credentialing document preparation & storage, organising
training details and organising uniforms.
- Ensure all volunteer drivers involved with the program are provided with the
necessary training, supervision and mentoring.
- Maintain the driver rosters to ensure full service delivery.
- Develop strong working relationships with the team of volunteer drivers to
ensure that a high level of service is provided consistently to all clients and to
seek feedback on where changes to the service may be required.
- Provide leadership and foster a collaborative work culture among volunteer
team and across community transport sites
- Providing formal and informal support to volunteers
- Develop a good understanding of the client’s needs directly and / or via the
team of volunteer drivers.
- Liaise regularly with the RFDS Control Room and other relevant program staff,
be responsible for client transport appointments (bookings), and liaise with
staff at partner health service regarding bookings taken, as required.
- Manage client and stakeholder feedback, including facilitating complaint
resolution in a timely manner and ensure effective communication pathways
with volunteer drivers are established.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs through data
collection and analysis and provide reports on a regular basis, including
progress against contract KPIs, agreed parameters and desired outcomes
- Ensure driver, client and carer surveys and feedback forms are distributed and
feedback collated and reviewed to support evaluation.
- Ensure the service vehicles are fully maintained (interior/exterior and
mechanically) to uphold the RFDS standard and brand.
- Ensure the RFDS’s health and safety compliance standards are met at all
- Follow the necessary policies and procedures associated with the community
transport program, as well as supporting development of new policies and
procedures as required
- Conduct additional tasks as requested by the Health Services Manager or
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification or extensive experience in health, management or a related field
- Experience in the management or coordination of volunteers and staff
- Experience training staff in a volunteer setting highly desirable
- Experience building and maintaining strong and collaborative relationships within a community and / or health care setting highly desirable
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with supporting and communicating with older adults, people with a disability and their carers
- Excellent computer skills and experience working across the Microsoft Office suite of programs including Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Current Driver’s Licence, Police Check and Working With Children Check
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by 5 April 2023.
Applications will be assessed as received and only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted directly.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer