Registered Paramedic/Nurse - Bankstown, NSW
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across NSW, VIC and TAS.
Flying Doctors Mobile Patient Care are currently seeking applications from Registered Paramedics and Registered Nurses who are interested in casual work from our Bankstown branch in NSW.
RFDS MPC pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality patient care and treatment during the on-road transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. As a recognised leader within the non-emergency transport industry we offer world-class, structured training, opportunities for professional growth and a supportive and inclusive organisational culture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment and intervention on-road.
- Provide high quality patient care and treatment during on-road transport
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients and stakeholders
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified as a Registered Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse.
- Or qualified as a Patient Transport Officer (Min Cert 3 NEPT or Equivalent)
- Current AHPRA registration (or pending approval for paramedics).
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable.
- Knowledge of NSW NEPT service specifications (desirable).
- Hold a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold a current Working with Childrens Check for employment.
- Provide a satisfactory full driving history report.
- Full immunisation history in accordance with HealthShare and RFDS guidelines.
- Must hold a current full NSW Driver's License without restrictions. (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
Please note that this is a casual position with the following requirements: approximatively 5 x 10 hours shifts a fortnight minimum across Monday - Friday (0700-1700 or 1400-0000). On call shifts on weekends and public holiday (0900-1700). Applicants must have clear availability over 7 days period.
RFDS policies require that mandatory immunisations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don't have all the immunisations required, you may not be immediately eligible for a role within Mobile Patient Care.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture and offers a flexible working environment. If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Applicants need to apply by COB Friday, 2 December 2022.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.